Ndrf Website

HopeSprings

I hope it's ok to post this question here. :) Before I found Dinet (which is amazing) I was visiting another support group called NDRF. I have tried many times over the last few months to access those boards and it consistently says under maintenance. I just find this very odd as this was a pretty active message board. The founder is Linda Smith, the lady with POTS, profiled on Mystery Diagnosis. Hope she's ok. I am just curious if anyone knows anything?

My understanding is that there were some problems with the board so they took it offline. I don't have any information on Linda or her husband's status, but my guess is they're taking a breather before relaunching the forum there... if anyone knows differently, please post. Like many of you, it was the first forum I found b/c it was started before ours.

NDRF isn't moderated. Before it went down there were some really ugly offensive posts.

It got really creepy with people saying things like SATAN was at work on the board.

I have heard that the Smith's have wanted to shut down the board in the past because they don't have the time to moderate it, and I am afraid this might make them decide not to bring it back.

It is sad since it is a first stopping point for many, and also how many of us got to this site.

I would like to thank those who started this board, and maintain it and moderate it since that really is a tough job.