Reunion Update.....

firewatcher

Well, I managed to get up to Pennsylvania and back without exploding a sinus! I thought I was getting a cold so I was fearful of both flights. I managed to get to my reunion and saw the one friend that I had wanted to see for the last twenty years. It was good to get back together. No body else really remembered me, but then nobody remembers the nerds. I was neither over-dressed or under-dressed and I feel like I looked just as good as anyone else there (my husband said I looked better, but he's biased.) It was quite the snapshot of what 38 years old looks like.....rather depressing actually. Not because we looked old, but quite the opposite: this is supposed to be the prime of life! Everyone else was standing around, mingling, talking, walking. I was sitting at a table; they have no idea how lucky they are. I'd love to be able to stand and talk to someone.

I missed out on seeing a few DINET friends, I hope you are both well...or at least better.

I did get to see my absolute best friend though. I spent the day with her after the reunion.

After making it home, I had an endo appointment ("Dr. Meanie") and got some test results back. My hormone levels are now perfect on the Estratest, so I can stay on it! :wub: On the flip side, he also said that it was very likely that I was going through menopause. :huh: At 37. Neither he nor the nephrologist had a reason for my elevated creatinine, but since my kidneys check out, they aren't concerned...steady as she goes. So it looks like this is as good as it's going to get and I just need to be happy with that (I'm not!) I feel like lukewarm dung with a crust on top, but apparently I LOOK fine, so I must be fine. :)

My birthday is this weekend. Whoopee. I have to make my own cake so that my son can eat it (food allergies.) I don't want anything...except my old/young self back. I've always had dysautonomia issues, but not like this. When I blow out my 38 candles this weekend, do you know what I'm going to wish for? A miracle, not just for me, but everyone here.

Raise your gatorade high: a toast!

To the illusion of health!

Congrats on surviving the big reunion. They are so emotional somehow. If you're like me, I was transported back to the insecure high school girl that I used to be:-)

I'm doing menopause early too. My symptoms certainly started around your age. My combipatch (estrogen/progesterone) makes me feel better than I've felt in years. Good riddance to all those cramps, bloating, mood swings, surprises, etc.

I'll be toasting with you for your B-day to REAL health (not just the illusion!)

Julie

Thanks for letting us know how your reunion went. I'm so glad that you got to see some of your old friends, and your best friend! My upcoming reunion is this summer, and it'll be 30 years! Aack! I certainly don't feel that old. And hey, no fair on the menopause. I've been waiting and waiting....

Have a wonderful birthday this weekend, and give yourself a treat YOU can enjoy, too! Here's wishing for good health for all.

Cheers,

Jana

• 2 weeks later...

You were brave to go- I've got one coming up this summer to 'celebrate' 10 years since leaving High School but some of these girls were the most horrible vile humans I've ever met.

I'm probably quite unusual in that I'm in touch with several old teachers, but not class mates. The Old Girls Guild have me giving a lecture next month on my PhD, so I can still keep in touch with nice folks, but hopefully not the nasty ones.

I don't want to see THEM ever again! I was the only one in my whole year who didn't want a year book. I didn't want to be reminded of some of the things that were said and done to me by my peers.

My teachers, on the other hand- well, they've given me so much, and I make sure I let them know how much I appreicate them. They know about the POTS, too.