Azithromax

gertie

Has anyone here had weird reactions to this antibiotic? I took part of a pill about 1.5 hrs ago & I still feel weird. When I first took it when I shut my eyes I had strange thoughts & my vision wouldn't focus. I can't imagine what would have happened if I took the full dose of 2 pills. My DH says it not possible that the little amount I took could cause anything. If he only knew how my body works or doesn't work.

I had a strep test which was negative but the dr said it looked like strep. Can a strep test be wrong? thanks.

Has anyone here had weird reactions to this antibiotic? I took part of a pill about 1.5 hrs ago & I still feel weird. When I first took it when I shut my eyes I had strange thoughts & my vision wouldn't focus. I can't imagine what would have happened if I took the full dose of 2 pills. My DH says it not possible that the little amount I took could cause anything. If he only knew how my body works or doesn't work.

I had a strep test which was negative but the dr said it looked like strep. Can a strep test be wrong? thanks.

Every time my kids are tested for strep in the doctors office(the quick test), it comes back negative. The doctor always sends it out for complete testing and it comes back positive.

Hi Alicia!

I just posted on this subject over the weekend as I knew I was coming down with strep throat. My doctor gave me the azithromax and I was very leary of taking it, as most of are with any new medication, even though I have had this antibiotic before. So far I have had no unusual reactions. I believe that anything that affects the nervous system is going to make you feel odd. I had a hard time with the fever that came along with the strep. I hope you feel better and try not to be afraid to take the rest of the pack....if it is strep it needs to be treated or it can cause problems in other places in the body! Keep your chin up!

KC

Thanks KC. I thought I would be better by now but now I've got ear ache, headache & sinus inf & strep. Tomorrow is day 7 & my temp is over 100, I'm slightly nauseous. I can only take 1 Tylenol at a time & that's not enough to keep temp or pain down but it's enough to give me palp's & the shakes . I thought my heart was going to stop a few min ago. I'm trying to eat a few bites of food to keep my blood glucose up. I still can't drink anything cold because of the throat pain & warm water is just vile. This is about more than I can deal with.

How're you doing? What do you take for your temp & pain? Thanks.

Hey Alicia! Sorry I didnt get back to you sooner. I have to say I have been really tired with this whole strep ordeal! So I dont know if I'm reading this right but are you still having a fever after taking all your medication or do you mean day 7 since you started getting sick? I have been taking Advil or Tylenol. I dont seem to be sensitive to it. All I did was drink cold water....I'm surprised that isnt soothing to your throat. I have ate eggs and yogurt for like a week now and I am soooooooooo ready for some real food! My throat is still very sore tho so I dont know when real food will happen! I know this condition is very hard to deal with all by it's self so when you add extra things on top of that it makes it very frustrating! Keep your chin up girl....you're stronger than you think! :-)

KC