Morning Vomiting And Diarrhea My Son!

anna

Lately most mornings my son gets up he can not tolerate any food barely able to drink and take his meds, without being sick and or having diarrhea, do any of you have this or have any idea what might be going on. My lad is on Omeprazole for chronic acid reflux and epigastric pain.

Anna

One thought is has he had his cortisol level checked first thing in the morning? It's a far-fetched idea, but vomiting, diarrhea, and abdominal pain occur with Addison's. Now, if it just started two days ago, of course it is most likely a virus, but if it is chronic, it should be checked into.

Also, with chronic acid reflux, have you had his calcium levels checked? If elevated, check parathyroid hormone.

These are just some not-so-obvious reasons. I assume you have had the obvious reasons looked at.

Hi Anna,

I don't have it as bad as your son, but I do wake up sick every morning.

As soon as I wake up, I'm curled up in a ball holding my stomach. I start having cramps and racing heart and cold sweats. I run (crawl fast) to the toilet and do my business... it's not complete diarrhea, but I always have to go. Also, I rarely vomit but am hanging over the toilet or trash can thinking I'm about to.

Is your son's accompanied by tachycardia? How old is your son?

I asked my doctor about it and he said it's just nerves. I DON'T believe that your son's episodes are merely nerves. I'm sorry I don't have any answers but just wanted him to know he's not alone.

Best wishes to you both

Maisie

Ditto to Sue1234.

I just had a visit to my endocrinologist yesterday, and the questions they asked me to determine possible adrenal insufficiency were nausea, vomiting, stomach ache, loss of weight when I complained about morning narrow pulse pressure.

Is your son's blood pressure low when this is happening?

I hope you get help for your son quickly. Maybe, it's just a stomach bug? But I personally would be interested in the blood pressure in the AM?