Qgelco Q 10 Question

Sophia3

Ok found a low dose of CoQ10 locally, wanted 15 mg but only had 30 mg. I did not have my reading glasses with me but have taken CoQ10 before, no problems except it WORSENED my insomnia.

This can happen at doses above 50 and especially 100 EVEN if taken early in the AM.

This QGel version has sorbitol in it which I am very sensitive to. I avoid all alcohol based sugars ending in ol or ose as they can cause diarrhea, gas or cramps.

So after two HUGE pills of these things,in two days, got the gas & bloated issue. I licked the capsule on outside, tasted sweet. Squeezed out inside, bitter (which CoQ10 is)

So I am endeavoring to squeeze it out of the capsule onto a spoon (I think most of the sorbitol is in the gelatin capsule but not sure why!?) to take. Nasty and sticks to roof of mouth, but I follow with Gatorade and small piece of bread with peanut butter & jelly on it to rid the taste.

I am thinking of calling the company that made this to see if I can get a refund ($16) I can't afford the very pricy liquid versions of this on 4epic4 health but want to find another brand that has no sugars added (like source naturals)

But the low dose CoQ hard to find. Most think higher dose is best..well, ONLY if you can HANDLE it and I've had insomnia as my main symptom along with fatigue since the late 80.s

I'd like to try this again tomorrow with the CoQin spoonful of honey to help hide the bitterness that sticks to roof of my mouth for a few minutes but that's not that huge a deal.

They claim this brand gets a therapeutic level in the body in a couple of weeks (blood work SHOWED I was low on this last year but insomnia side effects kept me from taking) and this version you allegedly absorb more.

I don't see how that is if you have gut issues.

I also got some almond milk last week with calcium added but it's the carbonate kind (HORRIBLE nasty calcium soucrce) I have no idea why Blue Diamond added this in recent years, I saw it on there but took the chance. So my sister is going to start making Almond milk this week so there is nothing added to it and it's only 79 cents a quart. :-) So I think my guts are still off by that horrible almond milk (that I shoulda just pitched but just stopped drinking it by the glass full and only use on cereal)

So even though sensitive to sorbital, hope this improves as I stay off the almond milk/calcium carbonate junk. Other brands of Almond milk are calcium free but expensive & not as good.

Sorry this is so long but just wanted to ask about emptying out the capsule. It's not like it's time released or something or needs to release in lower GI tract.

It's hard to find low dose CoQ with shipping that does not cost almost as much as the product.