How Can I Tell If Its Dys Or The Med's

gertie

I am so tired of having to find out every little ingredient in a medicine before I take it? I'm sure my pharmacy thinks I'm a mental case. I need some meds compounded & must find a gel or cream that I can tolerate. I'm trying a couple different bases to see if I can tolerate them before they add the med. My heart does flip flops & skips all the time. How will I know if it's the creams causing the problem or just dys? I hate being a wimp. Thanks for your comments.

It's a pain, isn't it? It's hard to tell, since dysautonomia can cause such a wide range of fun reactions. :P

I think it's all in the correlation. If you get a weird symptom right after starting a new medication, it's certainly suspicious. If it goes away after you stop the drug, it's even more suspicious.

I think it's a lot of trial-and-error. Which stinks.

Amy

You could get to know your pharmacist. Go in with your "Big Binder of Dysautonomia" when the pharmacy is not busy and ask for a consult. They are pretty sharp with the chemistry thing and may have an "A-Ha!" moment and know exactly what you need to have. I know almost all the techs at the pharmacy now and they know that I have many different doctors, trying many different things and getting many different reactions!