Nausea After Eating

This is a symptom I get occasionally. It occurs in episodes that last for a few days to a week or so and then goes away for usually quite awhile (months, years). It is nausea and slight feeling of bloating after eating--usually peaks about 2 hrs after a meal. It doesn't seem to be connected to any particular food. No pain. I had 2-3 days of this last week and now again today. Ugh. Not sure what to do. Probably will see if it goes away as it has in the past.

Usually get this with a heavy meal. Try putting your feet up when you eat. This hits me probably 2-3 times a week and has since I was about 8. Putting my feet up helps prevent it. Doesn't tend to cause vomiting and goes away about a hour after I lay down. No idea WHAT it is, and my doctors don't know either. Can't say anything helps, though sometimes Papaya enzyme can cause the nausea to go away faster, as does going to the bathroom and passing gas. (TMI, I know). I think that gas pushes on my stomach/ intestines and that triggers the nausea, because I also tend to get nausea before I have to "go". Wish I had a solution. Anyone else?

Sara

Thanks for the advice and thoughts. I am not sure what is going on with me. I had this nausea after eating for a few days last week and it went away. It came on full force again yesterday and last night I was nauseated constantly after dinner and woke up nauseated. I am not pregnant, and it is a different sort of nausea anyway. I remember that nausea as being relieved by eating something, this is the opposite. Not sure if this is POTS or something else....as usual...!

I'll get bouts of this occasionally, too. I also have many days in which I just don't feel hungry at all, so I eat about the same thing every day because I know it won't upset my stomach and I have to get my calories in. I never throw up, but I can feel pretty sick.

Cheers,

Jana