Pots And Nausea

prettyinpink

I've been having an awful time the past week and a half with nausea and vommitting. I feel really well in the morning so I try to stand and walk more but, at 1pm I start getting really nauseous and by 2 or 3 i have laydown and not move or I'm throwing up. Im sure its related to the POTS because when I don't do much I don't get sick. With standing and walking i know my heart rate is worse which makes my bloodsugars worse and the vommitting start and then i get stuck in a cycle. Does anyone have ideas to help the nausea? Any medications work or do i just have to keep trying different meds to get my heart rate down to fix the problem?

I'm so so so frustrated that my standing and walking tolerance is MUCH better but now it causes me to throw up all afternoon

Hey P-I-P!

I'm so sorry you are going through such a hard time. This condition is very difficult to deal with in so many ways! You might try the Meclizine HCI 25mg for the nausea. It helps with dizziness too. My doctor said to get it when I was having the dizziness/nausea 24/7 in the beginning. I did not ever actually throw up so I'm really feeling for you there! Hope that will help! Keep your chin up....there are people who understand! :-)

hi prettyinpink

i had a terrible time the beginning of this year with nausea, although i have it it for the past two and a half years since ive been unwell.

the doctors put me on bb to lower my heart rate and midodrine.

ive also tried a few meds for nausea, one of the worse for me was stemitil. made me feel spaced out, i tried it twice too. the one im on now is domperidone which seems to do the trick for me, touch wood.

i think it is a case of what works for you. im sure you find a med that works.

good luck

emma.

x