I'm Soooo Upset!!!!!! A Virus----hoping It's Not The Bad One

Maxine

WHY DON'T PEOPLE THINK!

This is really a bummer, I feel like I drowning in mucus. The pressure on the sides of my head are intense, and I'm so weak it's making me shake, but at the same time feel like crawling out of my skin. The ANS is really feeling it.........

Why do people come to family gatherings sick?! First, my cousin's son has cystic fibrosis, second, there's little kids, and then you have me with the haywire body.

Do you leave? I really look forward to those family gatherings, and if I was sick I wouldn't go.

We were celebrating the October Birthdays, and my brother's Nov. 10th b-day was thrown in there. The whole family was there at my other brother's house.

All it takes is on sick person, and it can cause all kinds of trouble.

Did you notice nothing works right when your like this?----including guts, then when they work it's not fun causing more fun ANS stuff----all while you feel like you can't get your breath. I took a half a klonopin ---------- (I do this on rare occasoions, that's my "easy" button in times like this).

Tomorrow is my appt. with the geneticist------it's looking like I have to reschedule. I called today, and they said they won't charge me if I wait until tomorrow to decide. Otherwise I may have to wait until Feb. I really would like to make it tomorrow.

What to you do when someone comes to a party, family gathering, church-----whatever when their sick spewing their germs everywhere?

I have a lot on my plate right now, and I really need to keep that appt.

Maxine :0)

Hi,

Sorry your feeling so bad hope you get well soon!!!!!!! I avoid alot of public places and I always carry sanitizer and if I do go to a function and someones sick I leave LOL I'm a alittle extreme I guess but I don't get sick to often....and sometimes I ask the host of events is everyone healthy before I commit myself to going.

Lissy

I should have left.

I'm paying for it now.

Every time I cough whatever is poking out in the back of my throat---(feels like it's coming from my neck), I can feel it poke out more----sort of feels like a hernia, but coming from the outside in. It feels like the side of a large marble. The right side of my neck is swelled also since May. I'm figuring it's from my on going cervcal spine problems combined with the EDS.

Thanks--- :rolleyes:

We'll see how I'm doing tomorrow. I'm afraid of that stuff. I have autoimmune issues, and fear that would start another cycle of other problems on top of what I already have. However, I'm keeping a close eye on things to make sure it doesn't move into my chest. Earlier today I felt like I couldn't get a breath, but I think it was just really bad OI. I can tell when my hand veins disappear---I'm constricting too much to compensate for the OI, and when I do this I feel terrible. I felt like I couldn't walk 10 feet.

I hope it's just a cold. I'm a BIG whiner with viruses. I have so much going on, and I don't whine about that-------------it's just when something else like a virus pops up to make everything worse, and makes me too weak to deal with the rest.

It would be pretty amazing if I woke up tomorrow feeling a lot better, and I could keep my appt. with my geneticist.

If not they said they can talk with my EDS doctor's assistant to try and get me in sooner then Feb.

Hugs to you all---I appreciate you support.

Maxine,

I have some relatives that had an illness that sounded bad at the beginning, but they all got better quickly. That illness infected 2 grown-ups and a baby. So, maybe even though it seems scary right now, you may get better quickly. I had a virus that "seemed" really bad for about 2 days, and it went away real quickly, even with my POTS!

Hoping yours does the same

THANK YOU futurehope,

I hope so. I'm just not in any shape for this thing to get worse. Last year I got so sick I couldn't see straight, and couldn't get my fever to go down. It was in mid March, and my sisiter in law and I wondered it it might have been the H1N1----it's the worst we even felt.

I have this lump striaght in the back of my throat for a few weeks---or it feels that way. Everytime I cough I feel that lump. My head is so clogged up, and hoping it does pass quickly, but thinking I'll have to reschedule my appt. in Cincinnati with the EDS doc. We'll see....... praying.....