Neurocardiogenic Syncope

Tessa

hi my friends,

I would like to ask you about a friend of mine whose daughter (she is 17 years old) has been prescribed Fludrocortisone to treat her neurocardiogenic syncope.

The problem is that her mother has read all the possible side effects and is worried because her daugther has a bicameral pacemaker implanted.

Any comments?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Tessa

I'm not familiar with bicameral pacemaker but I have a dual chamber Telgien pacemaker/icd implanted due to malignant heart rhythms.

I take ProAmitine (Midodrine) 3x daily and Zebeta (Bisoprolol) as well as Lexapro and don't have any problems. I have heart & ANS problems including NCS, as well as a few other things.

Tessa,

My son has NCS and takes florinef. What are your friend's specific concerns? As far as the interaction with the pacemaker, I would think that her daughter's cardiologist would be best suited to answer those.

Florinef, when combined with salt & water, simply increases blood volume. If anything, the improvement would take a load off of the pacemaker.

Julie