High Level Of B6 - What Could Cause This?

iheartcats

My B6 Levels are very high - they are double of the highest allowed for normal range. The doctor wanted to know if I took supplements (no) or ate a lot of cereal (no). I asked what it could be and she didn't know at this oint.

I'm concerned as what I found online said high levels of B6 could cause neurological damage.

This is the only vitamin that's 'off the charts' for me, so to speak. In the last 6-months everything else is in range. But B6 is over the top.

I'm really worried about kidney function now, but I'm trying to not freak out yet.

I don't really know what causes a high B6, but I know when I take it as a supplement, I get hyped and can't sleep. I know B6 is depleted when someone takes birth control pills, as I think it has something to do with clearing estrogen from the body. I know when I was first pregnant with my last child(1992), I had awful morning sickness, so the doctors gave me some anti-nausea meds. My husband and I had to go to Europe on a trip that was planned way before I got pregnant and I was miserable. The "host" of the trip took me to a German ob-gyn, and she prescribed some pills to take and they instantly took my nausea away. I found out the writing on the box said "vitamin B6" in German. Now how come my American doctors didn't know this??!!??

The only thing I have figured out is my G2 bottle contains 50% of my daily Vitamin B6 and I average 2-3 bottles a day (so 100-150%).

Could this be enough, on top of wherever else B6 is found in foods, to push mine that high? To be safe, should I look for another drink with less B6?

I have too much B6 circulating, rather than not enough, and didn't know estrogen loss could deplete it. I don't think my estrogen is elevated, though.