H1n1

I do a little helping out at a place that has recently had a resident come down with H1N1...or so they think. I am hesitant to go back until they find out for sure...not knowing how this would affect me with my over active immune system. The director seems to act as if I am a baby..but I am really concerned given my post-viral history...anyonen think I am over reacting?

Thanks.

Erika

I don't think your over reacting at all. You need to protect yourself because this H1N1 is really rough.

I'm hoping I had it last year when I got so sick with the worst body aches, and I also had chest congestion----it was so bad I couldn't see straight, and I also had a high fever that had trouble breaking.

It was really bad, and I hope it was the beginning of H1N1 because my sister in law and I had the exact symptoms of this flu virus. It was in Mid March.

Protect yourself-----------------AGAIN, your not over reacting. :rolleyes:

Maxine :0)

I think with your medical history it is more than reasonable! Do they know your history/situation? I realize it is not really their business, but maybe they would be more understanding? They should understand that you do not want to risk your life for volunteering your time!

I hope that they can at some point understand why you feel this way!

:rolleyes:

Hi Erika,

I can certainly understand your hesitancy about returning to a place where a resident may have H1N1 (or another flu type), and of course it's your decision. For myself, I know that any public place can have people with H1N1, and I can't stop going everywhere. But, it's obviously smart to take precautions so you don't pick up the flu from someone else. I would wear a mask, not come into close proximity to the possible infected person, not touch anything they've touched, and wash my hands as much as possible. Do you know if they're going to test this person or treat him/her? Considering all of the illnesses we could pick up anywhere/anytime, we can't simply stop living our lives.

I'm sure you'll make the best decision for you.

Take care,

Jana