Pain In Left Side Behind Ribs

Darlene

Has anyone had pain on their left side behind their ribs? I have had this pain for 3 years now. I also have a feeling of fullness. The Dr. thinks I need a colonoscopy (spelling?) Had anyone had this procedure? And will the medication they give me while doing the procedure affect my POTS?

Has anyone had pain on their left side behind their ribs? I have had this pain for 3 years now. I also have a feeling of fullness. The Dr. thinks I need a colonoscopy (spelling?) Had anyone had this procedure? And will the medication they give me while doing the procedure affect my POTS?

Well it depends on what your pots symptoms are and what other tests you've had done first. You should be given twilight sleep and then they do the procedure, you don't remember when you wake up what they did. My blood pressure drops so I needed to be put on IV. What other tests did you have and what are your pots symptoms?

When I was really really sick, I had a really hard bloated area maybe right below my ribs on my left side.

That was when I had real difficulty breathing and eating.

I had an endoscopy and a sigmoidoscopy (they couldn't even get up because it was so painful). They found redness and they had no idea why my heart rate was so high and why I couldn't breathe and what I had. For all that, I didn't need a procedure. Although it would have been nice had someone actually been thinking instead of shoving things up my rectum and down my throat. I have recently refused a colonoscopy. I don't think it's worth the risk.

What kind of doctor recommended this, and what are your other symptoms? Are you at high risk for needing a colonoscopy? The prep is pretty awful, and it's very difficult for some of us to go for a day or two on only clear liquids...I'm supposed to have one and keep putting it off. If you do end up having them, the gastroenterologist needs to be fully informed of your health issues and some precautions will probably need to be implemented.

Good luck, and let us know what happens.

Jana