In Reguard To Pacemakers

pat57

My daughter says we can't have wireless internet servers if I get a pacemaker.

I did try to find info on-line, and see that AM- FM transmitters can cause something. Well, I don't understand the jargon.

Does any body know if its ok to have wireless ISP and a pacemakers.

:o

thanks

AND TELL her no ipods, cell phones, or boyfriends... lol! It will interfere with :blink: just about everything if she asked me today... I made up all kinds of good reasons why I shouldn't get one.

good luck with getting yours.

bellamia~

Just found out through my worker that i'm eligible for a home maker of some kind 7 hours a week, to do dishes, shop, clean. It's for the younger disabled with medical problems then she asked my age. LOL! I'M TOO OLD! She was embarresed and said you look so much younger I just assumed you were younger...

:(

Most electrical equipment doesn't cause an bother with modern pacemakers. You shouldn't keep a cell phone in a jacket pocket on the same side as the pacemaker and should use it with the opposite ear. Magnets are the main thing to avoid putting near the pacer (no MRI scans) as they mess with the settings. Airport security will do a manual check rather than using a detector if you have a pacemaker card to show them.

Flop

Hello Pat57

I have a medtronic pacemaker and I also have wireless internet. I have not had a problem being around one. When I received my pacemaker the Dr gave me a book on my particular device. It will tell you somethings you should not be around and what to be cautious about. I am around different wireless internet devices all the time and not just my wireless. You can also ask your Dr if you still have concerns. Apierpoint