Just Had Hida Scan With Cck Done

daisy

Well, I just had the hida scan with the CCK done. Test wasn't as bad as I thought - I was expecting the worst based on some of the horror stories I read. I had one sharp pang of pain that lasted a few seconds and one bout of nausea at the very end. I don't know if that means the gall bladder is normal since I didn't have an attack on the table (Julie, I know you said you didn't have pain during your scan?)....I was almost hoping for a little bit of pain for some validation (stupid, I know!).

Anyway, the technician was wonderful so I really lucked out there. This facility gives the CCK through an IV over a 30 min. period so supposedly that limits the amount of discomfort as compared to giving it all at once or in a 3 minute injection. I'm anxious to find out the results....if this doesn't show anything, I think the next step is yet another scope although I just had one last year.

I still have the sharp pain if I eat fatty or spicy stuff and I have now lost 12 pounds so I really don't want this going on much longer.......

daisy, I also had a HIDA w/cck on Monday and waiting for the results. I had some pain and nausea during the CCK and was told that " they used to think that meant gallbladder disease" but in recent years determined that the nausea, pain can be due to cramping of intestines and stomach from the cck and not always coming from the gallbladder.

If I stay off certain foods like CHOCOLATE then its tolerable at best. Really miserable diet now since I already had many food restrictions to live with.

Hope you find answers soon !

Keli

Sorry you have to wait, Daisy. I was hospitalized at the time & they gave me results right away. You're right, I don't recall ANY pain & my results showed that my GB wasn't working at all. Sooooo, don't lose hope there....and remember Gayla's stat: 80% of folks have NO abnormal test results and need to have their GB's removed anyways. Twelve pounds- what are they waiting for??? Hang in there & keep us informed.

Julie

I got my results the same day, the tech was frustrated because my gallbladder just didn't drain. She kept telling me to turn this way and that, finally she said that I might have to come back in two hours to see if anything had happened. :) I ended up with a function of 17% and they sucked that little booger out! I went and ate a twinkie after my surgery, first one in twenty years! :)