Salt Water~!

poppetkazutaka

So...because of some of the things I've read here, I thought I would try adding salt to my bottle of water and drink it down. Well, I couldn't get enough of it at first. I drank the whole bottle because it was delicious! Then I was sitting here typing up a computer inventory report and I realized something.

I drank water. And for the first time in as long as I could remember, I wasn't dying of thirst. I was sated. I haven't been sated in years! My mouth isn't dry, and I don't feel like I have to run to the water machine to fill the bottle back up!

Wow. Just...wow. I mean...this is like...weird. I'm sitting in a dumb stupor because I haven't felt this normal in my mouth in so long that I can't believe it. I'm waiting for the dying thirst to come back and it isn't.

Amazing. All this from salt in a bottle. [hugs the salt]

How much salt do you add to your water? I have a hard time getting enough salt and this seems like it might be a good idea for me.

I just tapped it in so I'm not sure. It seemed to be about two teaspoons I would wager. It wasn't too salty tasting.

Thanks for sharing this! I have trouble keeping the salt pills down. For some reason, my body rejects them and I end up really sick for quite awhile so I haven't been getting all of my salt intake. I shall try this to see if it works because I am tired of feeling thirsty all the time. :)

Glad to see it worked for you!

Hey all v8 does the same thing to me... I used to salt my water. Don't forget you need potassium also. V8 has this and I have to tell I really am starting to hate the stuff. but it helps me get out of bed every morning.

Neuro at mayo recommend this. Also cup of soups are loaded with salt and other cr2p. I was told no more than 50% plain water.

The only problem I encountered today was of course salt has a clearing out effect to my tummy! XD I sat down in the bathroom and was suprised to find water coming out the wrong end! [laugh]

So yeah. Not thirsty anymore, but...uh...I don't think I have much to give! XD

careful with salt.

I have eaten very salty diet for years but salt water ALONE on empty stomach is used as emetic (induce vomiting) and causes diarrhea for many.

Something most of us don't need added issues too..so be careful.

I drink gatorade or DILUTED gatorade (I buy the orange powder) and add literally a pinch of salt.

Salt tablets and salt in water is hard on the guy. In canned soups it's ok as the high ratio of salt is COOKED into the foods..thus the minute bits of salt irritate the intestines...just like salt tablets caused me much discomfort..and are hard on insides.

If you live in area of cold weather and salt is used on roads, you see what it does to car parts!!

:)