Can anyone help regarding toxic substance?

Guest Julia59

Guest Julia59

Hi,

Can anyone help me with more information on Adult lead poisoning.

this was one of the few links that I found to be helpful.

http://www.aafp.org/afp/980215ap/stauding.html

I don't know if you have read any of my other posts on environmental toxins-----but I have noted that I went to pick up test results on lead levels at pathology labs in the last few weeks. My urine levels were 30.6----when the reference norms are supposed to be 8.0.

I was quite angered to see this. MCO---Medical College of Ohio did not have a copy on this result---although the Doctor that ordered it was a resident neurologist who saw me in the beginning of my mess. I was trying to get a diagnosed with whatever was causing my symptoms---and was later diagnosed with POTS. The test results were given to me March 22nd 2001-------and my POTS was diagnosed in June 2001.

The second tests that were ordered----one blood test, one urine showed normal levels. However the blood life in only about 35 days, and the urine test was not mixed with the agent used to bring out the metals. Basically the correct test was not done the second time. I remember the first urine test was mixed with a chelation agent to bring out the metals-----and the test showed positive for lead poisoning---almost 4 times the amount of normal........

I'm trying to educate myself further on this, but it's not easy as lead poisoning in adults is not common.

Thanks,

Julie :0)

Guest Julia59

Thanks for the information. I have been finding more and more informaiton----and it's pretty scarey stuff. It's also made me pretty angry----ON HOW I WAS JUST DISREGARDED AS A HUMAN BEING WHEN ALL THIS TESTING WENT ON.

This should have been taken more seriously. It's pretty much common sense-----YA THINK............

Julie :0)