Anyone Experienced This?

daisy

Hello - I was fortunate this Spring to have experienced a wonderful few months of feeling pretty much "normal". My symptoms were under control and I was exercising and able to get out like I used to. Unfortunately, during the last six weeks things have really flared again. I have no doubt the cause of the flare was stress but I am concerned about a new symptoms I am experiencing. I have had syncope and near syncope in the past and am very familiar with how that feels. The last few weeks, I am experiencing collapses but they don't seem to be syncope. I can be in the middle of something (like walking down the hall, putting dishes away, cooking, etc.) and all of a sudden, with no warning at all, I feel like this giant hand is pushing me downward and my body just gets really weak and down I go. It's like a very strong force pulling me downward but I'm not lightheaded or sick feeling or anything like I would get with usual syncope episodes. This happens when my heartrate seems to be under control as well. I don't lose consciousness, I just fall down wherever I'm at. It's very strange and starting to become scary. This is happening at least once a day, sometimes more. I also had an odd occurence with my knee a couple of weeks ago. Out of the blue, while walking, the entire circumference surrounding a large area of my knee (front and back) just went completely numb and my leg buckled under me. I didn't think much of it at the time, but with these other episodes, I'm starting to get a bit concerned that something neurological may be going on.

Has anyone with POTS experienced episodes of falling like this that aren't bp or heartrate related?

Thanks.....

Two thoughts:

Look up "drop attack" A friend of mine was getting these.

She hasn't had any since "cleaning up" her diet. She now avoids artificial sweeteners. She avoids "diet beverages" that contain these sweeteners. She used to drink diet sodas all day, now doesn't. Also, foods are eaten in their "natural state" and are not processed with chemicals.

She was beginning to think she had multiple sclerosis or something, but hasn't had drop attacks since avoiding the aspartame and chemicals.

It's worth a try for you, in my opinion. Obviously, if it keeps happening, you need to be evaluated by a neurologist.

I get the same thing...I'll be walking around the house, or if I stand and pause for a moment of two, suddenly I just feel pushed down to the floor. My legs collapse, and I sprawl on my rear in total surprise. I really don't feel it coming, it just hits and I'm gone. I know I need to check with a neuro, too.

Cheers,

Jana