Did The Sleep Study - Rem Events

I don't have the final results yet. I had trouble falling and staying asleep early on. Finally took pain med and feel asleep. I was sleeping good when they woke me up. I had a headache when I woke and all the rest of the day. As I fell asleep too late they didn't have time to try the cpap on me. I'm not a snorer. I do find myself holding my breath during the day. It feels like a lot of effort to get a deep breath. I think I'm a shallow breather.

I guess if you do stop breathing or your oxgen drops, they have to tell you. He said it was happening during my REM stage. I'm kinda of wondering if this is being caused by the dysautonmia or is it causing the dysautonmia. I do have orthostatic hypertension, tachy, mild left ventricular dysfunction and I do have high insulin/PCOS.

Anyone else have a problem during REM?

How interesting as I am having another sleep study AND MSALT daytime at end of month.

I have already had one sleep study and thought I was going to bed too early..and WITHOUT TV hahahaaa... I think it was around 10pm. I finally fell asleep and was told I would have to have another study WITH the cpap to know what levels it should be set on.

I guess I have sleep apnea..hypertension too. AND told several docs that I do stop breathing during the day cuz I suddenly gasp..then breathe again. AND..I know I am a very swallow breather. Ironically it was a Rheumatologist who was measuring my rib cage..had me breathe and said I breathe too shallow.

I have a Cpap..get the straps on tight enough there is no hissing..but once I turn to my side ..my preferred position..the hissing would start..and I spend time adjusting the straps rather than sleeping. I find the cpap more trouble..and never woke up more refreshed anyway. THEN it would be worth it.

Now I am going to have the MSALT I think its called.. to nap 5 times during the daytime to see if I have narcolepsy with cataplexy. DEFINITELY my autonomic symptoms precede these "episodes" I get that look like I am unresponsive yet can HEAR as I lose control of my abiltiy to remain alert or be able to move arms..legs. Its my slow mo way of fainting..only .. I can HEAR

Jan

Anyone else have a problem during REM?
I might. I have a pulse-oximeter that indicates brief episodes of tachycardia during sleep (potential sign of sleep disturbance so perhaps something similar to your case). A nightlong pulse-ox graph is not a substitute for a real sleep study, but for me it was an experiment while I awaited the real deal. I do feel "half-slept" all the time. Even if my sleep ends up testing normal, it was via my "playing" with the pulse-ox that I discovered & documented my POTS signs... otherwise, I'd still be suffering mysteriously (and with no medical help)!