Do You Ever Get Used To This

gertie

Excuse me if I've asked this before. Do you ever get used to this c@$%?

I've had this at least 25 or more years & I still get so angry at myself. I will go for a few days with no heart palps or shaking, or feeling like I'm going to pass out, etc (or none that will debilitate me) & then here comes the days when every symptoms known to dysaut. seem to hit me at once. I have become so paranoid or pessimistic I can't stand myself. I've always considered myself a strong person but lately I am so overwhelmed at all these symptoms we have. I feel like my heart will leap from my chest & the only med I have that might help is Ativan. I save it until I can't take the anxiety any longer because I don't want to get addicted.

Also, I have a dr's appointment next week with my PCP. He has heard of dys/POTS but that's about all he knows about it. Poor dr has tried so many supplements on me & I haven't been able to even take the vit's he's suggested. Are you taking any med that helps you that I might discuss with the dr?

Thanks.

Yes, I'm used to being unpredictable.

About your anger, I suggest you stop it! You're wasting your energy. It doesn't help you any to get angry. It might make you worse.

Just a side note, when I take a tranquilizer, I tend to have a "rebound" effect of being more anxious when it wears off. So, for me, taking them has its drawbacks.

This is not true of everyone, and some people on here do fine taking them all the time or taking them intermittently when needed. I can do that if I want to but..... I just have to expect to be more anxious for a while after it wears off.

One doctor had suggested I take Klonopin on one day and Restoril on the next, alternating. That really sent my nervous system into a frenzy. I won't be doing that again.

Not really. It can get to me more when I'm having a lot of bad days a row. Or when it's beautiful out side and I'm feelig too sick to enjoy it.

As for meds...I'm only on Ativan for sleep. I've been on it for many years and I'd eventually like to get off of it. I was on Florinef for a few years and I think I felt better while on it. Unfortunately, I was getting too many BP spikes and had to stop taking it.

I think I am getting more used to it. I am trying to lower my expectations of myself. Which helps a lot. Then I think I may (and emphasis is on may) be doing a little better. OR I am learning how to handle this better.

I tell my kids tht every move I make is calculated...so don't mess me up!! What I mean is...try to tell me everything we need at the store because I can't run back out...I can't run them to a friends house if I am not rested, I can't go to a movie and then do anything else...for a while...

I tell my boyfriend that when I say "I can't"...I can't...not for one second more...no matter what it is..

I rest a lot...I love my laptop...I try to remind myself that it could be much worse. BUT I know that in the middle of a terrible spell...it is hard to imagine that it could be worse..but it does usually pass. :P

I think you caught me an up day!!

Erika