Where Should I Get A Seat Cane?

kayjay

a medical supply store. i found my insurance wouldn't pay for one , but would a nice walker with a seat. one that looks really cool!

I think the walker with a seat is a great idea. If you also want one that's not so big and you can carry with one hand, I bought one of those shoulder wrap-arounds that are cushiony and soft. If you do just want to plop down, it'll keep you from the dirty floor and still give you comfort. I have the cushion (which is great for movies and more fluid activities) and a wheelchair. The walker/seat would be great for grocery stores, etc.

i moved away from the walker to the seat cane, as the walker was forcing me to walk somewaht bent forward, which was messing up my posture, joints, and esp. neck-- and now we know that my neck is playing a role in my various symptoms. seatcanes are cheap, so I dropped the 25 dollars myself.

i moved away from the walker to the seat cane, as the walker was forcing me to walk somewaht bent forward, which was messing up my posture, joints, and esp. neck-- and now we know that my neck is playing a role in my various symptoms. seatcanes are cheap, so I dropped the 25 dollars myself.

I guess we all have to find what is best for us. I like the walker as my dog is a bit afraid of it and walks slower with me. He was giving me tendonitis. Plus I use a crutch most of the time in the house or inbetween going places and with the walker. I (go back to my days teaching personal trainer/ exercise) hold on and do a pelvic tilt and get my body in proper body alignment. I pretend there's a string attached to my head, like a puppet and someone pulls me up straight. I pull in the abs and I feel so much better. I haven't made any adjustments to my walker but, I believe the sales person said that it could be adjusted. Yeah it can I'm looking at it now and it can. So you walker people straighten up and walk and rest.

Also rememer, if you are going to get things through your insurance it has to be in steps, walker, then wheelchair. You have to show a need for the items. I still need to know who it is that has the nice purple wheel chair and who makes it? I have to get to the store very soon. I see that I only got 100 dollars back in reinbursment for the walker and I paid 189. Darn, I ment to call the store today, but had a million other doctor calls to straighten out. Plus we're having a heat wave here on top of being dizzy and I just missed the ice cream truck go by. ;)

Seems to me I wanted to tell someone else something but I forgot! Brain Fog!

BellaMia~

Just a side note on the insurance....many insurance companies have different regulations/policies. For instance, BellaMia had to go through a 'line' of products to get her wheelchair paid for. I went straight to the wheelchair, and my insurance paid for it all. It never hurts to check and know exactly how and what your insurance will cover!

Cheers,

Jana