It Is Nice To Have A Doctor Who Doesn't Blink...

Unfortunately, my allergy shots have caught up with my POTS. Taking the MCAD regimen allowed me to go three times farther than I could before with the shots, but I finally got a 50+mm hive and systemic reaction to my injection yesterday. They made me see the doc today, who is going to back off my dosage again. Before this the nurse took my BP, she looked at me and pumped it up again and finally said: "Oh well, it's not like I'm going to get anything "normal" with you." :) (100/84--seated) Acceptance feels so good! I may feel like doggie-doo, but none of the nurses or doctors even blink at my crazy ANS responses, they just try to fix it (without sending me into anaphylaxis!)

Feeling accepted is always validating and reassuring. I am glad that you have some health care providers who "understand". I hope that the allergy regimen takes a new turn for the better soon!

~ Broken_Shell :)

I felt a bit unwell after my allergy injection this week. It seemed to be POTS not allergy but I thought I'd better tell the nurse. She was shocked to find my BP was 170/115 with HR 143. She seemed to think those numbers were impossible and wanted me to go to the ER. I reassured her that it was normal for me and at least meant I wasn't having an anaphylactic reaction!

Flop

I think it's so bizarre that I have had very low BP readings in ANS doc's office, and nothing is said, but my PCP was very concerned. When he saw it it was in normal range sitting 130/70, but when I stood up it went down to 115/70. It continued to fall until he couldn't get a reading or feel my pulse. He said no way are you doing prep for virtual colonoscopy at home. Actully this is pretty good for me. It was higer then normal, probably because I was riled up a bit from running late. In my ANS docs office I had BP of 80/70 and no concern was shown. I felt pretty bad that day too------------ :)

I told my PCP there's one prep I did fine with, but told him I couldn't handle that double prep the radiologist wanted, and he said you can't do any prep at home, and said he wanted IV fluids.

Hopefully my body doesn't over react to the IV fluids like it did last time when my BP shot up to 168/110. :o

We have to do a slooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww drip.

Maxine :0)

I felt a bit unwell after my allergy injection this week. It seemed to be POTS not allergy but I thought I'd better tell the nurse. She was shocked to find my BP was 170/115 with HR 143. She seemed to think those numbers were impossible and wanted me to go to the ER. I reassured her that it was normal for me and at least meant I wasn't having an anaphylactic reaction!

Flop

LOL

Well that sounds like a normal POTS 'bad' morning! (maybe with a lower BP usually...but morning + dehydration + no meds yet). Isn't it funny how we have to reassure people and it's not a big deal?

When I went in for a sickness, saw a different doctor, and my HR was 125 he was in disbelief and tried to send me to the ER!

FW: So sad the allergy shots are misbehaving. Have you gotten enough of the shots yet to help you any?