Sound Familiar?

here is a brief description of the illness of a famous person:

The strain told, and by June he was being laid up for days on end with stomach problems, headaches and heart symptoms. For the rest of his life, he was repeatedly incapacitated with episodes of stomach pains, vomiting, severe boils, palpitations, trembling and other symptoms, particularly during times of stress such as attending meetings or making social visits. The cause of Darwin?s illness remained unknown, and attempts at treatment had little success.[68]

Thats right - it was Charles Darwin.

I love this kind of stuff!

I'll throw another person from history out there: the Empress Alexandra, wife of Nicholas, last Czar of Russia.

I can't find my copy of her biography in which it goes into detail about her symptoms. I remember thinking "this woman's dysautonomia changed the course of the entire 20th century!" It played a large roll in keeping her from attending the public functions that would have ingratiated her with the public. She hated standing in reception lines because she would frequently pass out. Ofcourse, there were the palpitations, the shortness of breath and the overall unwellness. She frequently used a wheelchair in the last decade of her life.