When My Beta Blocker Wears Off, Sometimes I Feel More Than Tachy...

I don't go to bed/get up the same time every day as I know I really should. I'm working on that.

I usually get up within an hour or so each day, though, so it's not a huge deal for my medications.

Today I had to get up about 3.5 hours earlier than my normal and took my medicine on that dosage. That means they wore off earlier this evening (9pm) rather than my last dose lasting toward my bedtime (around midnight).

When this happens (like now)...I'm feeling the normal fatigue/tachy/OI, but also like I'm having a 'panic attack' in my body. I can feel my heart thumping in my chest even though it's not going horribly fast sitting here.

I suppose I should've taken an additional BB (for an early schedule I can take up to 3 a day)...but it was getting late by the time I remembered and don't want to take one so close to bed.

Is this normal? Is it just my unmedicated POTS acting up, or am I more used to the BB and it's a bit worse when it wears off (rebound tachy)? I hate the thumpy feeling.

My mother does not have POTS and when she misses a dose of beta blockers by accident, she is really unwell. My uneducated opinion is that being on the medicine causes your body to "adjust" and then when it wears off, there's a rebound reaction. That's what usually happens to me when stopping a medicine that I've been taking regularly.