Feeling Of Rage Sometimes

gertie

I scare myself at times at the rage I feel. My DH had a repair in the bathroom that had to be fixed with glue. I am very sensitive to glues, adhesives etc, so I question him as I do each time glue has to be used inside, is it non toxic, odorless etc. He says it is low odor & the smell doesn't bother him which nothing does. The repair really needs to be done so I say go ahead that I will leave the house until he's finished & the glue has set. 18 hours later windows are open, fans running & the odor is still horrible. I'm sitting in a room as far from the bathroom as I can get trying to breathe. a headache & my heart doing flops so bad I can't lay down. I haven't slept in 3 days now. In case you are wondering what DH is doing at 3:00 a.m. he's sleeping like a baby. I don't know what to do with my anger. I feel like kicking him out of the bed. Excuse my ranting but it's either that or I start screaming & crying which will only make things worse. I get so frustrated at being sensitive to things that doesn't seem to bother others. Thanks for listening.

Alicia,

I get this sometimes too. Not sleeping just makes it worse! Much worse! Many of us are in this little boat of dysautonomia and can sympathize with how you feel. I see people out running, or just my husband or kids bounding up the stairs and not getting winded and I just want to smack them, because I can't do that!

Do something that relaxes you. Escape reality for a while in a rented movie (theaters are too loud nowadays) or soothing music or a good book. Practice calm.

We are all here for you and with you.

((((((((((((((non-confining hug)))))))))))))))))

Yes, I get this sometimes too. I'd say about half of the time I react a little too much in response to my feelings, and the other half I try to keep it to myself for a few hours until I settle down inside and then I bring it up in a more calm setting. I think sometimes our family forgets how constant our illness is and it's good to remind them. Sometimes just lying down before bringing up the issue helps me to approach it more calmly. I know that when I react angrily, I almost always have worse POTS symptoms as a result, though... :)