Want To Change Your Brain? Change Your Mind.

Nauthiz

I thought this would be a interesting share with everyone here. I have been for the last few days studying meditation and the "mind" and the relationship with the body and illness. Now i haven't been dedicated to meditation or positive thought to be honest so i cant really speak on it just yet. After reading many neuroscience articles and videos in comparison to meditation there is some great findings.

The brain is actually "Plastic", and the physical structure of your brain can be changed though the mind and other phenomena. Its called Neuroplasticity. So for those of us that feel we are stuck a way forever, it is possible for our brain to change and to fix what problems we may have. Here is a interesting video on Neuroplasticity.

I am going to definitely try to incorporate longer dedicated meditation and compassionate thinking to see if it helps. It may not cure you but there is evidence that it could change you for the better but i think it will require lots of dedication. I had some other good videos on it also but they are on my pc and too large to upload to youtube. But there was a woman who spoke neuroplasticity and meditation and so fourth could be beneficial for treatment of MS and other nerve diseases. Another video of mine showed physical findings of monks, so obviously ones dedicated to meditation and the mind had some remarkable abilities, they had more "grey matter" in their brain than regular people, they also could control their body temperature to the point of making wet towels steam in 60 degree temperature. So do not discount the power of your own thought and mind!

I dont know if anyone will find this information useful but i thought it was fascinating and a possible subject for treatment.

WOW that is amazing and so true. Thanks for the link. I will listen to it further.

By the way.. my husband had seizures all his life. One day he had multiple continuous seizures for over an hour. They had to overmedicate him and he was "out" for 36 hours. I did not know how he would be but knew he would have damage. He did. He lost his short term memory and had to have some retraining to even function. He had excellent long term memory.

We delved into the brain "learning" to be sick or in his case having seizures.

The GOOD that came out of his losing his memory was that memory was shifted more intensely to his sensory system. He could not remember WHO I was (50 first dates) but when he TOUCHED me he could get signals and emotional connection.

YES we are not only a product of OUR thoughts..but collectively of ALL thoughts..which I believe travel.

I am just recently diagnosed after years of not knowing and inept and unknowledgable docs guesses or judgments.

I was just thinking TODAY my dear..that I will NOT focus on ILLNESS or symptoms..with years of searching and searching for answers..as I got an answer yesterday at the auto. neurologists appt.

Today and every day I will focus MORE on how I feel is GOOD in my life..and appreciate it...giving gratitude!!

So thanks for affirming the message that I got as well.

I look forward to a discussion on this..

Warmly Jan

As always I believe that all we can do is follow our heart and your heart leads you to neuroplasticity (you may enjoy Jeffrey Schwartz book one of the definitive anthologies of Mind Brain and Neuroplasticity).

When I first became interested in mindfullness meditation (some dozen years ago) I was motivated by the desire that it would be a healing path. I am by no means discouraging anyone to enjoy the practice ... but rather to perhaps consider that healing may look different than what we imagine before we take our seat upon the cushion.

Enjoy the journey.