cell salts

Radha

I have taken cell salts - 4 different kinds at the same time, mixed in my drinking water. But mine wasn't a homeopathic remedy. Maybe your definition of homeopathic is different from mine?

The cell salts got rid of my constant urination and greatly eased my chronic dehydration. I'm assuming it was at least partly responsible for keeping me from the recurring feeling that I was going to faint.

Overall, I was very pleased with my results.

Opus88 I'm so glad that you posted a response to Radha. I think this is a great subject that you, Radha, are bringing up as I am still trying to learn more about this for Nicole. Opus88, you had talked about cell salts in response to one of my posts and described how to obtain it. I spoke to Nicole about it and she recollected once taking cell salts but couldn't remember much about it. I checked out our Whole Foods Market and they had cell salts but they were homeopathic and you had to choose among lots of these tiny boxes of cell salts based on what ailed you -like dry, scratchy throat or stomach ache, headaches, etc. etc. None were for constant urination. Then I telephoned a naturopath that Nicole used for a period of time and she only had homeopathic cell salts as well and same story as Whole Foods. You said you mixed 4 different types together. Do you still take it? Also did you learn about it only through the Metabolic Typing Program or elsewhere as well? It seems like something to really look into if it worked so well for you in the way that it did.

(By the way Nicole has been using Celtic Salt - like you Opus88- you had asked in your post to me)

Thank you Radha and Opus88

Beverly

I did get the cell salts thru the Metabolic Typing Program. I'm sure they are available through other sources, but I can't begin to tell you where.

Unfortunately, the cell salts are all at my house and I'm not sure when I can get there to try to find them - maybe this weekend. (We are displaced due to Hurricane Ivan while our house is being halfway gutted and redone. But when it's done, we still won't be allowed to live there until the sewer is reconnected, which they are saying could potentially be March!)

Anyway, I'll try to find them next time we're there and let you know which ones I was taking. It's not the homeopathic pellets - these are all powders to mix with water.

In the meantime, another thing that helped with having to urinate constantly in the middle of the night was to take parsley. I don't know anything about why it works, but taking that herb finally allowed me to sleep. (That was before I began working with the Metabolic Typing.)

Beverly,

Have you noticed that the celtic sea salts are helping Nicole? I am also considering them. The one thing that I am worried about, though, is getting enough iodine. Regular table salt is iodized, but the celtic sea salts probably aren't. Opus, do you take iodine supplements?

Thanks,

Rita

I don't even think about iodine, so I don't add it, although I probably should. I know that kelp and dulse are high in iodine, so you might want to add that no matter what kind of salt you use. The site at the end of this message offers dulse and kelp in shakers, like salt, to make it easier to add those to your diet.

The Celtic Sea Salt keeps the sodium, magnesium and potassium balance. Regular table salt is so processed that none (or very little) of these are still available when we consume it, but they do add iodine after it is processed. I don't understand the how or why of it.

The link below has some info on why sea salt is better for you, its effect on your body chemistry, history, etc., and you can order products from them. This is where I get my sea salt.

http://www.celtic-seasalt.com/

I think many international health agencies support the iodization of salt to prevent iodine deficiency. Iodine is essential for the production of thyroid, and also helps brain development and function. My dad has an underactive thyroid, so I am concerned about being prone to it. But maybe I will use sea salt some of the time. Heaven knows my high-salt diet allows room for use of both!

rqt9191- Nicole has been using Celtic salt for a long time yet still relapsed and has a major, major fluid depletion which like many of you makes life tough. What she is doing now is increasing her salt intake and she is using Celtic salt as her salt of choice. And she drinks organic chicken broth as well. She was on IV saline until yesterday. The first day the drip went in fast and my husband and I saw many positive things occur but they were temporary. A new needle was placed into her the next day and a couple since then but they could never get the drip fast again. I don't understand why. The drip was 3x as slow. Yet it seemed that Nicole did seem to benefit somewhat from the slower fluids but it was not at all like the first day when she said it felt like her body got a much needed drink of water.

At some point yesterday she was on her 2nd to last bag (of 8 -2 liter bags) and just completely disconnected it because it was dripping in slower than ever- sometimes it just stopped dripping and then she couldn't stand it anymore. I don't know if it the slow drip was the home care IV company, the needle they used or something about Nicole's veins. I wonder if anyone else has experience this scenerio.

Nicole said today that all of a sudden the adreneline feeling was back after a few days of respite. She began increasing her salt intake again now that she stopped the IV saline. I feel disappointed that the drip was so slow because it seemed like an opportunity to maybe allow her to gain some ground. She is so acute still yet a smidge better in some ways which could be due to the IV saline. Anyway I hope at the beginning I answered your question rqt9191.

Opus88 - my god I have been so preoccupied with our own dilemna I did not realize that you were hurricaned out of your house. You must take care of yourself first by all means. In the meanwhile I will get the book out of the library - Metabolic typing. Your benefit from the parsley intrigues me as I thought parsley was a diuretic like celery. I will read about more parsley. I am wondering what form was your parsley in- was it in capsules or did you actually eat the parsley?

Thanks,

Beverly

Beverly,

I took parsley in a capsule form, and took it according to the dosage listed on the bottle. It didn't give immediate relief, but after being on it a few weeks I began to notice a shift. I think it is typical of herbs to experience a slower and very gentle change. That is probably why so many people say herbs don't work for them - they don't give it a long-enough trial, and the shift is so gradual that it can be hard to notice until much further down the road.

By all means, do get the Met Typ book - I highly recommend it. I have found and also read, though, that most everyone comes up as a Mixed Type when doing the test in the book. That is a subjective questionnaire that can be helpful, but without the physical tests that they do with the full program, Nicole may not be able to pursue what is truly needed for her body. I got the book and read it before enrolling in the program, and it helped immensely with my understanding of what we were trying to accomplish. It just sounded like exactly what I needed, and I was right. Working with the Met Typ counselor and the supplements were invaluable. It is lots of hard work and you have to be very dedicated to it, but all that time and effort is more than worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

Beverly and Radha,

I finally made it back to my house this weekend. We have stairs again, so no more ladder climbing to get inside! The roof has been delivered and the replacement is beginning today, along with tearing out the ceilings. We have chosen the tile and carpeting - they are sending someone to measure everything tomorrow. I'm having a horrible time choosing wallpaper and countertops - I was born without a decorating gene, but I don't want my "new" house to look horrible! Our builder is determined to be done enough for us to move in by Nov. 15, when he goes on vacation, so everything is now a rush job to get materials chosen and ordered. (We had great news that the sewer should be reconnected within the next 2 weeks, instead of the original March date given us previously!)

Anyway, while I was there, I wrote down the cell salts I had been taking. Please keep in mind that these were suggested by the Met Typ program according to my tests, so they may not be the right things for Nicole. All of these were mixed together into 3 cups of water, and I did this mixture twice a day. It worked great for me to finish the first batch by lunch, and the 2nd batch by the time I left work. That left the rest of the evening to move the water thru my system so I didn't have to get up constantly thru the night.

Di-Sodium Phosphate - 1/8 tsp.

Sodium Chloride - 1/8 tsp.

Sodium Citrate - 1/8 tsp.

Sodium Glycerophosphate - 1/4 tsp.

(By the way, I read my Celtic sea salt package, and it indicates that it was harvested in France, and has more than 80 minerals when harvested their way - I was thinking it was only a couple of minerals that it retained.)

Radha,

The brand of cell salts I took were only available to me as a client of the Metabolic Typing Program, so you won't be able to get them the same way. You will need to do some phone calls and/or web searches for the salts - I'm sure they are available from other companies, or maybe even from a local pharmacy.