Tremor Control

Brye

I'm trying to control my POTS symptoms one step at a time. Any suggestions on control of tremors. I asked my EP doctor if he had any suggestions and he told me that is what the beta blocker is for. If I increase that dose any I think my heart will stop. It already is dropping in the 30's. I take xanax at bedtime to try to control the adrenaline surge I seem to get when I lay down. Any other suggestions. The xanax doesn't really help the tremors it just makes me sleepy so I don't have to endure them quite as long. My worst tremors come when I try to hurry to do something or when I'm stressed. I cross my arms a lot to try to hide it but if you have any suggestions I would love to hear them!!

Thanks!!

Brye

its a variable thing so its pretty hard to do much about. The tremor only occurs when youve been standing for too long, when you over exercise or exert yourself or as you say, when you get stressed.

Since its part of having an overly active sympathetic nervous system response, beta blockers are often the first line of treatment but they can actually make blood flow to brain issues even worse.

Ive been told that in limited trials phenobarbitol was helpful but good luck getting a script for that! :)

Ive used small doses of alcohol in the past as it doesnt worsen my symptoms like other POTS patients.