Memorial Day Weekend

So its in the 80's here today and really humid.. I am starting to seriously consider moving some place that doesn't get hot but no idea where and since I can't move today does anyone have any suggestions of things to do and ways to make this weekend not suck? Before I got sick Memorial Day weekend was always the first weekend the beach or pool, and even my friends who don't drink are out at the outdoor bars or BBQ's. Even with all the water, gatorade, medication etc in the world being outside will still just take too much out of me. My bf took our dog to this Pug Fest (I know it sounds silly) but its for charity and there are supposed to be 500 pugs there and I was really really looking forward to it. So now I am home laying in bed, dwelling on all of the things I can't do and how it is the same thing every year..... so if anyone has any good suggestions please pass them on!!!!

First a cooling vest might help. Sporting goods stores have them. Otherwise might I suggest going on line (I am on Hawaii time) there are websites for veterans, families of deployed....... Perhaps that could be your contribution. Have your friends bring you food. I have done this on many memorial days. M

Sorry you are stuck st home. Today it is kinda cool here, but I am still staying inside just to rest up for next week. Another suggestion is a camel back which is a backpack that you can put water in. I suggest water and ice it will keep your back cool and you will have something cold to drink during your outing.