Propranolol Vs Metaprolol, Lexapro, And Going To Start A Job

Darlene

I switched from metaprolol to propranolol renecently.The metaprolol works great for my tachycardia, but not so much for palpatations. So I thought I would give propranolol a try. My tachycardia had worsened, so I went back to the metaprolol.

I also take lexapro 20 mg once a day, recently I have cut the pill in half, taking 10 mg once a day, I did this because of the weight gain on lexapro, I hate to go off of lexapro, because it helps with my POTS, and when trying to go off of it in the past I get sick. But I have noticed by cutting the pill in half, my blood pressure has gone from being low to being normal, and my heart rate has increased. I am feeling nauseated, but I am going to see how it goes.

I have not worked since having POTS. I just had my 3rd interview at Walmart, so I think I will be starting work soon. I do have a college degree, but there are no jobs out there, and something is better than nothing for now. But I hope people can work with this medical condition. I do not receive disabilty.

I switched from metaprolol to propranolol renecently.The metaprolol works great for my tachycardia, but not so much for palpatations. So I thought I would give propranolol a try. My tachycardia had worsened, so I went back to the metaprolol.

I also take lexapro 20 mg once a day, recently I have cut the pill in half, taking 10 mg once a day, I did this because of the weight gain on lexapro, I hate to go off of lexapro, because it helps with my POTS, and when trying to go off of it in the past I get sick. But I have noticed by cutting the pill in half, my blood pressure has gone from being low to being normal, and my heart rate has increased. I am feeling nauseated, but I am going to see how it goes.

I have not worked since having POTS. I just had my 3rd interview at Walmart, so I think I will be starting work soon. I do have a college degree, but there are no jobs out there, and something is better than nothing for now. But I hope people can work with this medical condition. I do not receive disabilty.

I work. It's been hard this last six months (was on FMLA) but now I'm moving and have to find a new job so no FMLA!

I had to find a medicine mix that worked...So I guess my advice is find a mix/dosage of medicine that works to make you feel better. I know the weight gain *****, but if it really helps...maybe talk to your doctor about how not to gain so much/feel bloated? I'm not familiar with Lexapro, though.

I have to 'sacrifice' life to work a bit...I can't go out and hang out a lot and do little outings and things as much, but you have to find a balance that works. I try to do what I like best. Good luck!