Advice Needed On Travel Insurance

helen.t

Hi Folks, I have plucked up courage to go abroad to Spain for a short holiday for the 1st time since being diagnosed with POTS and various other health probs a few years back. I have been keeping a bit better recently with the various drugs i am on to help me with this condition. It is not too long a flight from the UK where I live and I have been able to cope ok with flights inside the UK so I am confident that I will be fine. My question is about travel insurance and whether anyone has experienced difficulty getting this while having POTS since as soon as you mention tachycardia to an insurance company, the cost of it sky rockets? I just wondered if anyone in UK had any experiences themselves about this? Thanks Helen

I bought trip interruption insurance when I flew to Scotland last year. You don't have to tell them why. You may want t call and chat with a travel agent and ask what they suggest???? Hope you go and enjoy your trip. Miriam :rolleyes:

Helen,

The only thing I've bought is flight insurance, to cover the cost of my flight if I'm too sick to travel on the date scheduled. This has saved me a lot of money, since in the past year I've had to use it for three trips I was just to sick to take at the time. I fill out the forms after canceling the flight, have my doctor sign it, and send it in to the insurance company. It only costs about $15 to get it, and then all of my money is returned, except for taxes. It's been a lifesaver...I haven't actually bought health insurance for a trip out of the country, though. I guess I would weigh the cost versus how well you're doing right now.

Hope you have a wonderful trip and do great!

Jana