Ginger Tablets

Fresh ginger root or crystalised ginger work best. Good quality ginger biscuits can be helpful too (the ones with bits of ginger in).

Another good natural remedy for nausea is fennel - either as tea or even better chewing and eating fennel seeds. Cardamom pods and cloves are also good but stronger tasting so take a bit of getting used to!

Flop

I agree, ginger tablets do nothing. The anti-motion-sickness property of ginger has something to do with the soft palate, so you have to actually taste the ginger for it to help.

However, when you get it in the right form, it really does help a lot! I have horrible, horrible motion sickness and I've found that crystalized ginger works pretty well, and so does pickled ginger (the kind you get at Asian grocery stores), but the thing I've found helps the most is ginger altoids. They're very, very strong, and they're easy to carry around, so you can have them on hand whenever you need them. The only thing is they're sometimes hard to find. In the US you can get them at target; you can also order them on-line.

I also take a lot of dramamine and bonine, and these help, too, but they do make me sleepy sometimes.

Ginger root tablets do help me some with nausea that is gastroparesis and dysautonomia related. Peppermint tea is helpful also.

I've never tried ginger for motion sickness, though. In my experience, nothing but dramamine helps with motion sickness.

I hope you find something that helps you.

Rachel