Symptoms Of Gerd

ana_22

just wondering for those of you you have gerd.....

im trying to figure out if this is what is causing my tummy pain after eating (pain in lower abdo and upper) i also have a tongue that feels (and kinda tastes) like ive soaked it in vinegar. are these gerd symptoms?

i hardly get reflux. i used to real bad a year ago, but through elimination diet it has dramatically reduced. though i still get the occasional bit of reflux now and then.

if you think this is gerd what helps?

thanks in advance guys! :)

Hi Ana,

If you are having lower abdomnal pain, then you should check with your doctor before you start treating possible GERD symptoms on your own because it could be a sign of something more serious that might need to be checked out. If it is GERD, then depending on how frequently you get these symptoms and how well you tolerate different medications, your options are antacids (to use when you have the symptoms), something like Pepcid (to use either when you have the symptoms or to prevent them), or something like Prilosec (to use on a regular basis to prevent the symptoms). Your doctor can also write you a prescirption for one of these medications if you have good insurance coverage. Other ideas that might help are eating small meals, avoiding food triggers (sounds like you are already doing this), and avoiding laying down for 3 hours after eating (yes, this might be a difficult one for those with POTS!). I hope this is helpful for you.

Best Wishes, Broken_Shell :)