Mind Body Syndrome (any Thoughts?)

Jump, I have a couple of family members that would NEVER do chemo...but would meditate and massage, etc. One is a massage therapist who's late husband was a conservative M.D.! So ya never know.

Remember years ago we thought STRESS caused ulcers? Then they determined it was that helicabector (sp? Helicopter! :) ) bacteria.

So, yea, we could go round and round on the mind body issue...just had to share I have two family members that would do the meditation bit. I think most would weigh the odds and risks. THEN decide.

:)

No, I didn't mean that people wouldn't choose certain treatments over another. I meant that no doctor would say "You know, I think this cancer is all in your head and you should meditate." Doctors should - and for more understood illnesses, do - present both mind and body solutions to illnesses. Like how doctors usually suggest both medication AND therapy for depression, even though some people choose to do one or the other.

Guest GaryRN

I forget who said it, but IN THE END, IT DOESN'T MATTER !!!!!!

With that said, take your illness and don't let it control you. You need to control it as much as you can. Talk to yourself in positive ways that allow you to deal with the symptoms.

I'm not one to talk, as this is very difficult to do when you are overwhelmed, but Negative thinking does no one any good, and I think this can sum up the entire thread.

Try and stay positive at all cost with the idea you will beat this and whatever else is going on in your life. If you do this, you have done all that you can do and you will than know what is real and what part your mind plays in your illness.

Does that make sense to you guys ?

Gary