Facial Muscle Weakness

tiger

Well it turns out I do not have myasthenia gravis, but doctors do not know why I am still having the bilateral facial droop, eye droop and slurred speech, trouble swallowing. Does anyone else have these problems? I still think it's related to my pots, the symptoms improve when I lay flat.

Hi Sara,

I get weak facial muscles when I am tired. I feel like I can't control them very well, though I don't have drooping. I also have slurred speach once again when I am tired (which is almost all the time!) I had a friend of my daughters once ask me if I wore a tounge ring! She was so impressed! I was devistated! I get a rapid moving of my tounge inside my mouth, and I can't control the pitch of my speech, and lose my voice frequently.

Glad to hear you don't have MG! But sorry you don't have an answer to your problem!

My boyfriend can always see a crash coming in my face before I feel the effects/symptoms. He said it's like my whole face droops. If I look in the mirror I can see what he's talking about - my eyelids sag and it's like my skin falls away from the bones and I look about 20 years older. Then, when the crash passes, I look totally normal again. I would be really interested to know what causes this.

Well it turns out I do not have myasthenia gravis, but doctors do not know why I am still having the bilateral facial droop, eye droop and slurred speech, trouble swallowing. Does anyone else have these problems? I still think it's related to my pots, the symptoms improve when I lay flat.

How was MG ruled out in your case, if you don't mind my asking?