Florinef And Blood Volume

ana_22

I have just started taking florinef to try and increase my blood volume.

I just have a question for you guys!

Is the blood volume increase permanent...say once you have built up some more volume you can try get off florinef?

My BP is okish low normal 105/75 usually. So my cardio thinks the dizziness is more a volume thing than bp thing.

Hey Ana-

I think what Ernie said is generally true. However, depending on the cause of your POTS, you may just need florinef for a short time. For instance, my son became very ill with POTS/NCS at age 12. he also grew SIX inches that year. He missed almost a year of school and took a really large daily dose of florinef 0.2mg) for about a year, then his BP began to creep up- a sign that he needed to adjust his dose. He's now maintained at 0.05mg. For many who have a puberty or late growth onset, they are able to back down on florinef as their bodies adjust to the many changes brought about by the rapid growth. I don't think the florinef permanently changed their blood volume, but rather that their bodies changed.

My POTS is caused (in large measure by MCAD.) When my symptoms are out of control, I occasionally take florinef. Florinef helps me through rough spots, then my BP creeps up- my sign that my body no longer needs help with blood volume. I am one of those who only takes florinef as needed.

Hope this makes sense-

Julie