Weak Legs

Today I've noticed that when I stand up after having sat on my legs for a while, my legs seem to go out from under me. This is strange. I've had it happen when my legs have the pins and needles type feeling, but this time there was no pins and needles feeling. That did come later. Do you think I just cut off blood flow and that caused the strange symptoms, or should I be worried and contact my neuro?

Sara

Hi,

I agree with Rachel that from what you describe it sounds like you just sat on them too long in an awkward position that restricted blood flow etc. Which then made them numb or hard for you to feel where in space they were, which caused them to give way. Plus, muscles may have not had enough blood. For me I do the same thing quite frequently and then the pins and needles feeling comes later (normally more in a throbbing fashion) as your leg starts to refill with blood. It does not sound worrisome.

:rolleyes: