What Happens To You - Having Blood Pressure Taken?

zoe ashcraft

:blink: Hi all,

I'm new at figuring anything about my POTS out and it seems at this point near to impossible to separate the symptoms of POTS, Tethered Cord, Cranio-cervical Instability and Non- epileptic seizure conditions apart. :unsure: So, for starters, I'd like to ask you all what happens to you or does anything? when you have your blood pressure taken?

I know for me it's caused an internal pressure to rise that I don't know how to describe and often caused me to have stroke like symptoms or severe spasming. Last week, I asked in my doctor's appointment if I could decline having my blood pressure taken, was told no and when they took it I had what they called a grand mal seizure- although I was still conscious most of the time- and finally was able to instruct them (my husband being present understood my lame speech) to get my cervical traction unit from the car- which calmed down my system completely - along with their lovely oxygen* :rolleyes: Oh, I do love oxygen*

Anyway, searching for clues,

from somewhere over the rainbow!

zoe

more about me at www.CarePages.com (prismed)

WOW.. no I have not heard of this. So sorry. A grand mal and you were conscious?? I never heard of that at all..but my hubby had seizures and never could remember them. What does the cervical traction look like? What does it do for you?

take care..whew..

Warmly, Jzn

hi, well, maybe it's not a POTS thing~ I just thought maybe since it had to do with blood pressure and all- anyway. the cervical traction unit is a blow-up device that stretches the cervical spine- (pulls my head away from my body)- and relieves any brain stem compression going on. Frequently- as I had this day- taken a long car ride- the last road was somewhat bumpy and even though I was wearing my full brace- from waist to neck- to hold me stationary- it was too bumpy, probably added to the problem.

I have just recently started to carry it with me as unfortunately- these things are happening. :o argh.

usually ppl are not conscious for a Grand Mal Seizure. I go in and out, but am mostly conscious- therefore, as USual, never am the norm. :blink: (you know the feeling?) I'm guessing now my seizures got worse cuz my doctor took me off the Methadone too fast for someone with a seizure disorder. And to fix it he put me ON too FAST too- ach- (uneducated doctors, what shAll we do?)

learn for ourselves. :blink: it sure does get old though. anyway, thanks for responding even though you don't share the response with having your blood pressure taken. Cheers*

from over the rainbow

zoe