I Found It!

juliegee

It's so hard to know what to think when someone recommends a product like Mandura. I hope this is a sincere recommendation, and that it really has been helping you, but because it is sold by individuals who profit from the sales, I tend to regard these recommendations with skepticism. For a while I tried to sell Arbonne cosmetics, which I believe uses the same kind of "team approach" to sell. Of course I recommended the products to anyone who would listen! I wanted to sell them so I could get my small commission, and I wanted other people on my team so I could earn a profit from their sales as well. I don't mean to be such a cynic but I have to ask you, misstmpl, do you sell Mandura?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lenna, I was thinking the same thing. It was worded suspiciously like a sales pitch.

It's so hard to know what to think when someone recommends a product like Mandura. I hope this is a sincere recommendation, and that it really has been helping you, but because it is sold by individuals who profit from the sales, I tend to regard these recommendations with skepticism. For a while I tried to sell Arbonne cosmetics, which I believe uses the same kind of "team approach" to sell. Of course I recommended the products to anyone who would listen! I wanted to sell them so I could get my small commission, and I wanted other people on my team so I could earn a profit from their sales as well. I don't mean to be such a cynic but I have to ask you, misstmpl, do you sell Mandura?

• 3 months later...

Lauralulu-

That makes me so happy. That's exactly how tumeric affected me. I had lots more energy & my mind was so much sharper.

Alas, I developed a strange allergic reaction to it & had to stop taking it. The skin on the back of my neck and tops of my shoulders began to burn, like a really bad sunburn. Then my left eye began to twitch uncontrollably. (My husband kept winking at me :angry: ) I was soooo uncomfortable. These symptoms dramatically worsened over days. I decided that I had developed shingles. I read that it hurts like this. My PCP decided that is wasn't shingles as I didn't have a rash. He was ready to give me nerve pain medicine. THEN he asked if I had started any new meds recently. Lightbulb :lol: I stopped the turmeric. The symptoms stopped the very next day.

So, I did indeed find my magic cure. Murphy's Law- I was allergic to it :blink:

I have my fingers and toes crossed that it will continue to do you good, WITHOUT any weird side effects.

Julie

Is there a different drug that does the same thing? What does it do physiologically? Perhaps there is a different option that you're not allergic to or doesn't have this side-effect in some folks.

Hi Eric-

Here is a link that talks about HOW turmeric helps: http://www.nutritional-supplement-educatio...c-benefits.html

There's oodles of scientific data to back up the health claims. I first learned about it from a list serve that I belong to for folks with mast cell disorders. So many of them were getting energy and cognitive benefits from it. I even read that it LOWERS histamine. And, I get an allergic reaction to it??? :angry: Grrrrr.

I suppose I could have tried different brands. I only used GNC's. Maybe something more pure would have done the trick. To be honest, I'm afraid to try. That shoulder burning thing is a warning of pending anaphylaxis... :)

Have you given it a try? Put your running shoes on first :blink: Seriously. It's good stuff- for me at least....if I could tolerate it. How's that for a mixed message? :P

(FYI, at the very end of that link is a recommended brand. I am NOT recommending it. I have never tried it.)

Julie

• 14 years later...

I have been taking turmeric for a few days before bed and in the morning and my sleep is incredible, my energy is good too. I’ll see if I can wean myself off my other medications.  I wanted to point out a few things. I’m half Indian and have experience with turmeric.

To activate and absorb turmeric, you need to add ground black pepper and fats. I prefer milk, you can do coconut milk, etc.

Indians call the above Golden Milk. They believe additional benefit from simmering the mix a few minutes. Add honey to taste.

I add cinnamon powder for extra health.

The typical dose is 1 teaspoon, I make mine heaping. This amount calms my entire body.  It is also is known to clear your nose, which it does for me too! The drink is think, but with honey it’s yummy. And feeling better is worth anything!

boil the above in stainless steel pot, and avoid touching clay and wood. Turmeric will stain everything yellow.

In my experience, turmeric helps everything (nerves, immune, cardiovascular, inflammation, etc). As far as I know it’s pretty benign in terms of precautions, gastric upset, reactions, etc. just a little thick of a drink at higher doses, but so calming to the body, for me.

Fingers crossed it continues to help me, and all of you!