Very Bad Symptoms Today - From Just A Little Cold, I Think.

iheartcats

I think I have a tiny cold - and I mean just a tiny little off feeling. Something that would be mostly unnoticed before my POTS. But I barely got through laundry today - my rate hit 190 coming up the stairs + extreme dizziness. And I stand and my heart flies from 80s to 140s. And I just feel CRAPPY.

I'm so annoyed this condition is so sensitive to everything. It's so frustrating. I'm trying to live my life as best as I can, but I am exhausted. I am so glad I didn't have to work today...do you ever wonder how you make it through some of these bad spells? Is anyone else just totally frustrated?

do you ever wonder how you make it through some of these bad spells? Is anyone else just totally frustrated?

Yes! It seems like my symptoms are just becoming bearable when something else sets them off, whether it's a virus, stress, or nothing at all! I really appreciate the days when I have the energy to do a little more, but on the bad days it's hard to not get depressed <_< .

Hang in there! I've read other posts about your difficulty working while dealing with POTS. Don't know how you do it! :P

Janie

How does that motown song go? I second that emotion!

I hear you, completely. I had a cold about a week or so ago, and it just totally wiped me out. I couldn't attend a regular weekly meeting I have, which really frustrated me, because I have good social contacts and friends there - which, as you know, when you have POTS, are often hard to come by. I often feel very isolated, very much like a shut-in, which, to a great extent, I am, simply because my lifestyle isn't socially acceptable to the lifestyles of others my age (29).

When you get a cold, or a little stressed, you're reminded - oh yeah, I have serious medical problem that really prohibits me. I live, wait for, hope for, the good days. The bad days really get me down.

Amber

• 2 weeks later...

I am home today with a sinus infection and no you are not alone.. its amazing that getting a cold or sinus infection affects us "Potsy" people so much worse than a healthy person. I have been laying here coughing and sneezing and thinking about how I feel like I got hit by a truck. Ugh... hope you are feeling better!