Why Am I Two Different Colors?

Angelika_23

When I stumbled into the bathroom this morning, I found that the left side of my face was bright red and hot to the touch. My husband noticed that my left arm was purplish, but my right arm was normal. I am tachy, and I have fallen twice since getting up. I have chest pain. Argh! I have had left sided issues for a while now, they have labeled it as fibromyalgia. But they can't tell me why it is only on my left side. And I never have the fantastic coloration when I am at the doctor. Well, whatever it is, it is causing my POTS to come out with a vengeance.

:)

Angela

Angela, now it's my turn! :o

I was in the middle of my Pilates and the instructor said: "Wow, your back is REALLY flushed! But, your front is not!" We were standing and doing leg things, so there was no reason for my back to flush. I got embarrassed and blushed and she said that I was now "uniformly red all over." :blink:

Let us know if you find anything out.

Jennifer

"Sorry to hear about your color changes in your face and the lack of sweating. There could be several things at play. There could be a spinal problem for instance. But one should see more than just face having the color and sweating problem. Since it is just your face, it might be the sympathetic ganglion on one side. A simple MRI might help matters to rule out masses. A post viral illness

might due this and we have seen a rare case of this in the past. Allergies have been known to produce such entities. If it is due to an allergy or a post-viral reaction, then you should get better. If your entire neurological exam is normal, lab values, etc then maybe a MRI to look for the unsual."

from

http://www.ask.com/bar?q=red+on+one+side+o...es%2F30893.html

My daughter has the 1 sided flushing also. It happened once when she was getting a blood patch after a spinal tap and the Dr. pointed out that he could draw a line down the center of her face, with one side bright red and the other side normal. He was the one doing the spinal so he did not know why it was happening but he was fascinated by it. It has happened to her numerous times.

I researched and found that this is called Harlequin Syndrome.

She has not been officially diagnosed yet, but the general concensus of her doctors is that she has an autonomic disorder with mitral valve prolapse and orthostatic hypotension. I do think that she has Ehler's Danlos too. She does not have the stretchy skin but does have the hypermobile joints. (She can stand up and turn both of her feet backwards, with heels in front and toes at back).

When I stumbled into the bathroom this morning, I found that the left side of my face was bright red and hot to the touch. My husband noticed that my left arm was purplish, but my right arm was normal. I am tachy, and I have fallen twice since getting up. I have chest pain. Argh! I have had left sided issues for a while now, they have labeled it as fibromyalgia. But they can't tell me why it is only on my left side. And I never have the fantastic coloration when I am at the doctor. Well, whatever it is, it is causing my POTS to come out with a vengeance.

<_<

Angela

Check out this site! Is it like this?

http://www.nature.com/ncpneuro/journal/v1/...pneuro0040.html

Wow guys, thanks!

I'm not sure... I usually have pain all over my whole left side, arms. legs, etc. Not just the flushing. Over last weekend, my whole left arm actually turned a purple bluish color.

When exercising, I turn uniformly red. This left sided stuff only happens about once a month for about a week at a time. I can't seem to figure out what triggers it.

Thanks again everyone!

Angela

Wow guys, thanks!

I'm not sure... I usually have pain all over my whole left side, arms. legs, etc. Not just the flushing. Over last weekend, my whole left arm actually turned a purple bluish color.

When exercising, I turn uniformly red. This left sided stuff only happens about once a month for about a week at a time. I can't seem to figure out what triggers it.

Thanks again everyone!

Angela

I get partial flushing on face and chest sometimes.

But Ava has had what you described a few times. When a baby, her entire left side would be purple but it was also cold. When we took her in to pedi, her BP taken w/ BP machine was 150/100 I think (very high for a baby). They said it was probably a false reading, but when they took her bp w/ manual cuff it was also high, just not as high.

They did not know for sure what was happening but suggested it could have been a CNS thing.