Any Kidney Conditions Common With Pots?

firewatcher

I am going to stop going to Doctors! I went to see my PCP for a check-in and get a quick blood-draw to check sodium/potassium balance; I asked him about the chronic low GFR and high creatinine and he said it was fine. Then....I got a call yesterday afternoon; I have to repeat the test, my GFR is low and my creatinine is high (DUH! :rolleyes: )

He is concerned that I am dehydrated, but wants me to restrict my fluid intake so that I don't go hyponatremic since I am on the dDAVP (HOW do I DO that? :blink: )

Do ANY of you have chronic kidney conditions/issues caused by either low blood volume, abnormal constriction of renal arteries, or chronic lack of oxygen?

The ONLY thing that I can find that even LOOKs similar is living at high altitude/chronic hypoxia! (elevated red blood cell count/hematocrit, low GFR, high creatinine and high lung diffusion capacity) I don't live on the side of a mountain and don't spend time at altitude. Anybody have any clue?

I have no clue either, but when I am my sickest I have rusty very dark brown urine. I have also passed a kidney stone. My creatinine was low on one, and high on another, but I really don't know what the different ones were. I don't know what different creatinine tests they have, but I had a few on one page. I've also had high liver enzymes...but no one knows why. My dad who I believe had pots as he used to have low b/p and pass out, had glomernymphritis which is a kidney disease. And I have no idea if I spelled that right.

I live at a high altitude (5000 ft) I didn't know that could cause a problem. I'd move if it would help!

Oh...and it's a really good thing you said something so the doctor could call you back and inform you that your creatinine was high and your GFR was low! but don't worry! if you just restrict your fluid intake it will fix your dehydration!!!!! :rolleyes: Maybe if we live in opposite world like spongebob!!!!! :blink:

I really wish I could help you, but I haven't been able to figure out the thinking of doctors yet! Good luck. I hope you find good answers. Better than the doctor gave you anyways. No wonder you had a headache!

Suzy

Hi Jennifer,

I'm so sorry things are bad and you're not getting help. :blink: I don't know anything about your labs, BUT living with MCAD makes me feel like I live on a mountain. Without treatment, I often struggled to breathe (for years) without even realizing it. I'm now very cognizant that iit should NOT hurt to take a breathe in. If it does, I need to do something. Atrovent via a nebulizer or an extra singulair helps. I can't tell you how often a pulse oxymeter takes NO reading on me.

I guess I'm throwing out the idea that you [i]may indeed be oxygen deprived (like you are living at high altitude) because your mast cells are misbehaving causing the subsequwnt symptoms and labs.

You and I are scary together :rolleyes: Now, I've got a headache (thought too hard!)

Feel better-

Julie