After 12 Years Of Pain I've Had My Jaw Diagnosed.

willows

It seems such a longtime since I've been on here , I've been stuck in bed with a huge swollen foot which looks like a heard of elephants have run over it and feels like it to :(

My jaw has at last settled down and having taken four lots of antibiotics I'm now no longer in agony , and I was in so much agony I didnt know what to do with myself at times. I've now got stitches dangling down from the tooth hole as the gums have shrunk down to their normal size again , which makes me feel like I've a load of spiders legs in my mouth ......just for a laugh !

My foot has gone down a bit since that night but the pain re,ins and although my doctor has said I didnt actually brake th foot , well thats a new one on me for a change not to brake anything ! but I have torn the ligaments and very badly sprained the front of it , my poor little toes are all now bright yellow + green+ red and black and this mass of colour extends to the base of my ankle !!!!!

Mark also had his operation on Monday last week , he had a large mole removed that I suddenly found and that had a matter of weeks grown huge and irregular , so poor old man now has 8 stitches on his back in line with his trousers waist band, he's also been told that he now needs a knee brace as well as the foot brace he supports from the mess up the hospital made with his foot operations.

Mike has just come back from a night at his 'so called mates home' I say 'so called' as no real mate would ask you to go around then expect you to pay for your own lunch and then buy him and his other friends who just happen to turn up a Chinese meal !!!!! and then when it was time to go to bed tell Mike that he hasn't got a bed for the night and he has to sleep on the floor...............I can tell you that this young man will never set foot in my house again or eat with us and Mike is just so angry with the way he's been treated over the 24 hours at this lads house , well I think the friendship has now gone .

I had the most wonderful card from Mike for mothers day and a DVD of The Duchess film , inside the card it reads ( he hand written this for me to read)

'

To Mum on mothers day ...............Thank you for all that you have done for me over the last 18 years , just a little something to let you know how much you mean to me .

Happy mothers day lots of love Mike ................you are truly one of a kind. xxxxxxxxxxxx

Mike was standing in the kitchen as I opened it and his mates looked at me in a strange way as I started to get all tearful ( having just taken a piece of wood from his mates eye ) on giving Mike a huge huge and kiss he also started to get tearful and I saw his mates getting a bit red eyed as well , talk about an emotional dinner !!!!!

This is the first time Mikes ever gone out and done this for me without being prompted or having asked Mark what to write or what to say , so my little boy is really becoming a man <_< .

Better go now as I'm very tired again , although having spent the last week or more in bed and not even being able to speak on the phone has been very strange for me , still hopefully I'll be back to me again and will stop this awful 'lisp' that I've now obtained from having the big tooth and part of the jaw removed .

Roll on the summer ..............P.S. I'm now back on my diet again and although I didnt loose weight whilst I was on antibiotics I did keep what I'd lost off , so I am still at 1 stone and 7 lbs gone since christmas.

Ami ...............with another 2 stone to go ................OMG :angry:

I'm jinxed................. :( I'm 100% sure that I'm jinxed now :(

A day or so ago having been in bed for about 4 hours as I was so tired I suddenly started to get the most horrible pains in my foot again and on standing up and inspecting the thing , well its started to bleed again ( under the skin that is )

I called my GP as the pain was quite nasty and he sent me up to the hospital to get this sorted as he was now getting worried .

The out come is this :

Not only have I torn muscles and damaged nerves in my foot but I have also damaged all the cartilages that surround the many small bones that held make up the movement of the foot itself ( the small bones that are in front of the toes ) and it is these that are now bleeding .

They cannot do anything other than to increase my pain control and I've now been given a large bottle of liquid morphine to get me through this extra pain .

They can strap the foot but this will mean I cannot get any of my shoes on at all and will have to buy some extra large ones , as the weather is up and down in the UK at the minute I think I'd rather have the foot strapped whilst I'm in doors and they have just a light dressing on when I do go out .

So , having had my foot go a nice shade of greens and yellows ( quite like dress in chiffon in this colour combination ) its now got streaks of black and blue along the toe line , quite honestly I think I'd rather have broken the foot becuase at least in plaster you know its going to heal in a certain amount of time and its over and done with , with this condition I have no idea how long its going to be before the bleeding stops and my foot is a normal colour and pain free ...............Ami ..............down but not out ( unless you count out of her mind ) :blink:

Oh Dear-

You've been through the wringer more than once, Ami. I am so sorry! You may have posted about this somewhere else, but I missed it. HOW IS GILBERT???? have your docs figured out his true identity and what to do with him. Let us know as you are able. I'm praying for your jaw, foot , and dear Gilbert.

Hugs-

Julie