Took A Fall Down Icy Stairs Today - Pots Flare-up?

iheartcats

I was being careful today with snow boots and such, but fell down unsalted icy stairs...I am in pain, but nothing is broken, fortunately. Just going to hurt a bit. Landed mostly on the tailbone area as I didn't want to put all the weight of the fall on my arm.

My POTS seems to be flaring (I wasn't feeling great before this occurred, maybe fighting a virus)...but could something so unrelated flare-up POTS a bit? Or is it probably coincidental?

My doctor prescribed a muscle relaxer if I am in a lot of pain for sleeping, too - has anyone used this with POTS?

Thanks for any help!

Pain and anything that alerts or stresses the nervous system can theoretically cause a flare-up, and for some people, taking a serious fall can even cause POTS---so it's definitely possible that a fall like that could cause symptoms to appear.

Hi,

I fell on the ice also yesterday. Both my knees and neck are sore.

It's frustrating, isn't it?

I am feeling a bit better POTS wise, but still in other pain and can't take Codeine or the muscle relaxers. So just dealing.

But I think it sent my system in overdrive at first. Just trying to take it easy.

Be careful out there...last thing any of us need to do is break something!