Xanax For Short Term Issue/use?

iheartcats

how does it make your blood pressure and brain fog in the morning??

Oddly enough, I think it helps.

I've noticed if I have very bad day or two (really tachy and stuff) and take a Xanax before bed, the next day my blood pressure is 'ok' and my tachy is improved moderately.

I have no idea why Xanax would help - it's a drug I'd rather not take daily, so I wonder what it's doing and if something else could help. It's great for occasionally getting me some sleep/relaxed on the worst days and it's a nice side effect it helps symptoms a bit.

Maybe this is something I need to discuss with Grubb.

Do so. Xanax operates by attaching to GABA receptors in a similar way to alcohol. Higher levels of GABA inhibit overactivity of the central and sympathetic nervous systems.

it would dampen the action of both norepinephrine and epinephrine.

ive never tried it but I do find a beer before bed helps me symptoms the next day in the same way. Weird... Maybe Gaba agonists should be investigated as a possible treatment in some patients??

Do so. Xanax operates by attaching to GABA receptors in a similar way to alcohol. Higher levels of GABA inhibit overactivity of the central and sympathetic nervous systems.

it would dampen the action of both norepinephrine and epinephrine.

ive never tried it but I do find a beer before bed helps me symptoms the next day in the same way. Weird... Maybe Gaba agonists should be investigated as a possible treatment in some patients??

I definitely will...I have to do the wine test, too, then, don't i? :huh: