Procrit Injecitons?

I'm just not doing any better and i'm about to go crazy. I've thought about going ahead and trying the Procrit (sp?) injections. I know most insurance companies won't cover it, which is a big reason why I haven't tried it already. Plus i'm just nervous about the drug itself and possible long term risks. Dr. Grubb did explain to me that it is fairly safe, but my mind can't help but wonder. If you have taken it, do you see any improvement? If so, what specific improvements have you seen? I know every case is different, butI would really like to get back to being able to maybe work just part time, if possible. I know it may not be possible, but if this can help, I guess it's worth a try. Thanks!

I tried the med, but didn't have any improvements from it. I know of others have tried it with great success. Those who have had success with the med told me that they noticed improvements within 2 weeks. You can probably find some more information on the topic by doing a search for "procrit" or "epogen" if you haven't tried one yet.

I hope it works for you!

Rachel

Hi,

I have been taking Procrit for 3-4 years, can't remember precisely. I saw a big difference within a few days. It stopped my no-warning syncopes right then. At that time I was still fainting 3 times a week. When I became disabled I was fainting 10 times a day. When I started Midrodine I starting fainting 3 x a week.

At first I was nervous to inject me but the nurse showed me how and I never had any infection or side effects from the inection. The first year I had migraines with the Procrit and had to take Topomax. Now I still have migraines but it not due to the Procrit.