For Those Of You W/ Lyme Disease

Darlene

For those with you with lyme disease. Does it exist in Ohio? What were your symptoms? How do they accurately diagnose you? I heard you can have lyme, and the blood test may turn out negative.

All I know is 4 years ago I went to Canada, shortly after I came home I got ill, I didn't have joint pain at first, my first symptoms was lightheadedness, tachycardia, dizziness, feeling like I was going to pass out, nausea/vomiting, loose stools(like water sometimes), hot flashes/shivering, visual symptoms, ringing in the ears, but now my neck, shoulders, hips, and other joints hurt, and I am feeling very weird in my head, it's scaring me.

I know when my bp get low, I get this weird feeling in my head, I assume this is due to the lack of oxygen in the brain, but why do I get this weird feeling in my head when my bp is normal?

Hi, Lyme is present all through the US, including Ohio. As far as the numbers go, I think they are greatly underreported to the CDC, considering the testing is unreliable.

Here is a map showing up to 2006 - http://www.lymediseaseassociation.org/Maps/index.html

If you suspect Lyme you should get checked out by a lyme literate doctor. The web site lymenet.org has a section on their support forums for those seeking a doctor. For me, I only found out I had Lyme after testing positive for 3 other tick borne coinfections. Prior to that I had always had negative lyme tests and thought there was no reason to pursue further.

Here is a link to a listing of symptoms - http://www.lymeinfo.net/lymefiles.html

If you want more information, feel free to send me a message.

Take care,

Pam