Hi All - Update - Exercising

JenniferInOhio

After 3 years of being scared to do any exercising for fear of having a heart attack or POTS crash, I have finally started going to the gym. I am working with a trainer who is having me lift weights and I walk on the treadmill. I wear my heart monitor and we keep a close eye on it, not letting me get over 160. I feel good and so far I haven't had any negative Potsy reactions.

Just a little positive post for you all.

I can only speak from my experience, but yes, I get pain in my joints and muscles for days, but I workout anyway. I'm now weaning off of working out with him, and I now go to a yoga studio to work out. Yoga and pilates have been best for me, particularly mat pilates, where everything is done seated or lying down or on one's side.

I've had my setbacks too--I've not worked out in almost 2 weeks b/c of my back being in too much pain (awaiting approval for mri for my lumbar spine b/c my neuro thinks I may have a disc out of place --again). Anyway, getting back to working out is going to take me time, but I have not let the set backs or the stiffness and discomfort stop me from doing what I need to do so that my body will be in better shape overall.

I have to say that I now look forward to going to yoga. I also have started to enjoy getting to meet people this way rather than just have my social contact at work. It's been good for my morale and keeps me going back when I'm tired and sore, and anticipate the aches that will come afterward.

Nina