Anyone Have Speech Slurring With Pots?

Jordan5815

John,

I get slurring when my symptoms are bad, light-headed etc.. If I stand in one place too long or overexert myself, my husband says that it sounds like I am drunk. Sit down or do one of the faint countermanuvers to get more blood to your head. Yes, it is ******* annoying.

:P

Geez, it's like I'm doing better then I'm doing worse with all the running I've been doing and working out i had my standing pulse to 80 bpm and my blood pressure was not through the roof like it normally does when i stand it's starting to go back again....... bandaid broke........

I'm seeing a neurologist Dr. Imad T. JarJour at Tx childrens hospital in houston texas apparently he handles ans issues and POTS as well.... I'm lucky I've had ans problem since i was 14 and never new it but was being treated for all kinds of stuff now that the stuff hit the fan i get to see this guy i'm pretty lucky.

because texas childrens hospital does not see patients over 17 unless they were already being treated for the condition.

Now that I'm starting to get more neurological problems I'm starting to worry about a more generalized form of dysautonomia. Which I don't want............

I want to make my body and heart get Super strong so I have no issues.....

Yes, Sara's slurring gets much worse when shes having a bad day or gets overtired. As was mentioned in firewalkers post--Sara sounds like shes drunk. Sometimes it gets really hard to understand her. We were not sure if its due to her dysautonomia problems or from the damage she has as a result of surgery for Chiari malformation. SOOOO who knows??????? There is still so much not understood about this condition and all its underlying conditions--------

Good luck and best to you

Susan

hi i get slurred speech when my BP drops too low.. or i'm getting a bad headach.. OR I'm about to faint and my HR is soaring...

uhm it is scary if your not use to it...

I slur when I'm feeling brain fog. I just can't seem to form sentences when I'm in that state, and I seem to slow down a lot and forget things easily too.

I have never really gotten slurred speech, but I do put little effort in saying my words and mumble to the point that I am asked "what". I get so mad when I am forced to repeat myself. I just can't put the upmph in my speech at times to get it to the right decible. It's especially bad if we have been walking through the mall, or at the store and I am feeling icky. I am also quite short and snippy at these times, because I am not feeling well and really go into "hurry up to the car so I can sit and relax mode"