Weight Loss

sheba

I gave birth 02/03/08 and during my hold pregnancy I developed the Tachycardia and the Palpitations which also included the Chest Pain. Every sice I was about 4 months these symptoms occured no vomiting or nausea just feeling tired all the time with lots of weight loss. During my pregnancy I lossed 40 pounds then after birth another 30 pounds and the only answer im getting is that I was depressed. I sure as **** (excuse my French) didn't feel depressed or anxiety at the time but after all the ER visits and doctor visits and tests then I became very depressed. So now that I have been diagnosed with POTS I feel like there are other things that may be going on. Is the weight loss part of this package or should I keep looking for other things? My whole equilibrium is off like am I losing it or something because this girl is no longer balanced. No I don't see dead people (movie) but I hear buzzzzzzzzzzzzz alot. I have vibrations in my legs and feet and stomach I heard splinich pooling not sure if that's what it is. If I look at things to fast it seems that eveyhing is moving and as if Im going to pass out. Then Im working with the weirdest MD I ever met Mary Poppins who think that this _ _ _ t is funny but I take my life very serious. Her answer to my questions are I don't know I have to be honest I need to contact a cardiologist. Hellooooooooooooo I already go to cardio doc did you not look in my chart like a dozen times I had enough of her like Donald Trump would say " Your Fired". I need to find another doctor.

I've found that I've lost weight with POTS. Not a lot, but some. I used to be 150 and now I'm about 125-135. This has happened over the course of 6 years. I went off to college and the food was awful, so I would drop about 10 pounds a semester, and put it back on over the break. Lately, if I get sick, I lose weight, and never put it back on. I find I can lose the weight fast, but it takes forever to gain it. I brought this up with my doctor and he said I had a fast metabolism and to eat more. I would if I didn't feel so nauseous all the time! And having a heart rate in the 100s probably also has something to do with it.

70 pounds is a LOT to lose. I read somewhere that sometimes we can have thyroid issues that aren't detected in the regular thyroid tests. I think it involves testing the antibodies to the thyroid hormone. (I so wish I could remember what the test is called!!I think it's TSH uptake...) Also make sure you get checked for rarer endocrine things like pheochromocytoma and pituitary tumors. They can all mess up your hormones and your weight big time. Good luck finding a good endocrinologist.

Sara

I had the exact same symptoms as you (plus more) when I first got POTS ? fatigue, off-balance, dizziness, ears ringing/buzzing, wierd tingling/vibrations, vision problems, etc., etc. I also quickly dropped about 25 lbs. Some docs thought I had an eating disorder and/or anxiety/depression ? like who would NOT be anxious, depressed and unable to eat when the docs don?t know what you have, what to do about it or where else to send you. I swore it was something else more than POTS but after a zillion tests that all came back fine ? I?m chalking up all my symptoms to POTS. Finding a doc who's knowledgable about this condition is most times difficult ? but definitely worth it. Hang in there ? it gets better.